Original & Duplicate @ same time

Hi guys...
I need to make a 2 pages report...
It is like a receipt... and i need to print original report, which is for client, and print a duplicate report which differs from original in some things...
Both things have to be printed each time an order is printed.
It is not variable in pages qtty, the report would be always two A4 pages...

Any ideas ?

I never learnt the meaning of "multiple" for reporttype property... maybe i need this ?

Or maybe the concept of subreport ? ...

Where could i look ?

thanks ;)

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 6:49PM
    All you are doing is emulating the old method of carbon copies, 3part paper, where copy 1 was invoice, copy2 was packing slip with no pricing, copy3 was invoice file copy.
    Duplicate your original design page on to a new design page and either turn off
    visibility of memo's you don't want showing or delete them from that page
    make report component type rtmultiple, this prints all designpage1 out put then all designpage2 output and so on
    the trick is which dataset to connect to the report component itself, and that will depend upon the original design page and what dataset was used as master, and if you are printing a single invoice or multiple invoices for the same, and how datasets are controlled, settings of frdbdataset components or filters applied to tables, in some cases you may want to connect the report component to an fruserdataset set to 1 record.
    ;)
  • edited 6:49PM
    gord !!
    you deserve the 1?? prize to patience with a honor mention too ;) !!
    i managed to find how to add a new page to report, then copied all the report variables i had in 1?? page, modified layout so this page counts as duplicate and voila !! it worked !!
    it worked also with master data and all this stuff...

thanks again gord !!
  • edited 6:49PM
    gord !!
    you deserve the 1?? prize to patience with a honor mention too [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> !! i managed to find how to add a new page to report, then copied all the report variables i had in 1?? page, modified layout so this page counts as duplicate and voila !! it worked !! it worked also with master data and all this stuff... thanks again gord !![/img]

but when i place [page#] of [totalpages] in all page it not show incorrect

example

if i have 1 page when i print report (3 page) 1/3 , 2/3 , 3/3 it is ok
    but when i have 2 page when i print report (3 page) 1/6 , 2/6 , 3/6 , 4/6 , 5/6 , 6/6 it not ok
    it should 1/3 , 2/3 , 3/3 , 1/3 , 2/3 , 3/3

please tell i must to do
    warat
    skysat05@gmail.com

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.