How to create a group off objects and enable - disable all the group

I want to have in some off my reports the ability to enable a group of columns with a case contition (like a checkbox at dialog page) at once .

I there a way to do this without to have I to enable - diasble all objects one by one ?

I need something like ->

if checkbox1.checked then

< group of objects>.Visible:=thue

Comments

• LurkingKiwiLurkingKiwi Wellington, New Zealand

This isn't quite what you are asking for, but you can get the same effect. Basically, you use the Name or Tag or TagStr field as a classifier, and iterate all the objects checking the tag against some report data field. I do this in my DetailData OnBeforePrint where it walks the objects on that band, tweaking the visibility, font size etc. I print labels, and have similar code which hides or reveals a label outline.

procedure SitterOnBeforePrint(Sender: TfrxComponent);

var

s, thiscol : string;

i, len : integer;

c : TObject;

thememo : TfrxMemoView;

begin

thiscol := <fd>; //data field

for i := 0 to Sender.Objects.Count - 1 do begin

c := Sender.Objects[i]; 

if c is TfrxMemoView then begin

thememo := TfrxMemoView(c);                                 

s := thememo.Name; // I am actually using the name here, but could use the tag

len := length(s);                                     

if (copy(s, 1, 5) = 'From_') or (copy(s, 1, 3) = 'To_') then begin                                                                                      

thememo.Visible := ((s[1] = 'F') and (s[len] = thiscol[1])) or ((s[1] = 'T') and (s[len - 1] = thiscol[1])); 

end

<<Rest of code snipped here>>

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.