Convertion 2.5 -> 3 finished

dschuchdschuch Dresden,Germany
edited 11:28AM in FastReport 3.0
Hi,

now I have finished upgrading fr25 to fr3. And fr3 is really fine and works great. Especially the new print mode is very fast, Script controlling is great and and and...

some problems :

I started with fr3.06 and TeeChart7 and upgraded to fr7 some days ago.

1)In both cases i was not able to use the recompile wizard. I deleted all bpl files in fr3 path and windows but recompile wizard never created new bpls.
So I had to compile the source by my own with the problems again i wrote in a former thread. After i had modified *.inc files i was able to compile the sources and all works fine.

2) If a mistake takes place in an event-function only an error is raised. So e.g. Invalid variant conversion but not the procedure name. So its hard to find the place of the error.

(Perhaps a Message like "In OnBeforePrint of MemoXXX this exception ..." is easy to implelment)

3) it would by nice to have breakpoints in script ;)

Thanks for the great work.

;) ;) ;)

Daniel

Comments

• edited 11:28AM
    1) sometimes recompile.exe won't work. I don't know the reason.
    2) FR does not know the procedure name because a script was compiled.
    3) use the F4 key.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.