Missing UNINSTALL at FR5

roklirokli Germany
edited 7:48AM in FastReport VCL 5
Hey evereyboddy!

I just tried to UNINSTALLL FR5 because i have got FR6 ...

But my link "Uninstall FastReport 5 VCL Professional" start the install routine - NOT the UNINSTALL ...

I need your help, please!

Best regards
Rolf

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited July 2019
    G'day Rolf,

Which Operating System / Version do you haave?

On Windows 10 you can open Control Panel and double-click on "Programs" icon. Then you can either scroll through the list, or search for "Fast".

Uninstall is easy from there.

But!!! FR installer is "problematic"!

Windows Uninstall will leave traces that could cause you problems later. Search these Forums for advice on what you need to remove manually, before installing a new version.

As an aside, we have IObit Uninstaller (licensed) that cleans out almost everything (enough for a safe reinstall anyway). You may be able to download a free /trial edition of IObit Uninstaller.

Tsch??ss, Paul
  • roklirokli Germany
    edited 7:48AM
    Hi Paul!

thank you for your importent information.

First of all: You are right - i use Win 10 Prof., Version 1607.

But: Windows Uninstaller dosent work. If i try to uninstall via contrall panel / programms the process starts the FR5 Installation!

Then i tryed IOBitUninstaller and that works very well! After a few moments FR5 was uninstalled (by the way: FR 5 runs the install process while IOBitUninstaller was on the way [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> i canceld it and all was ok). Now the problem is fixed - thanks again for your help! Best regards Rolf[/img]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.