Custom Component: Combobox Property

Last one in this vein.

I have a custom component. I need to add in a property that is essentially a combobox: letting the user select from a list of items. This list isn't predetermined: it can expand or contract based on certain conditions.

Essentially, I want to display a TStringList, and know which one of the objects the user has selected.

How would I do this?

Comments

• edited June 2019
    Alright, I'll write down what I've come up with. There's no real easy way to do this, and you have to write a custom property editor.

First, I made a custom property.
    class CustomStringList : public TStringList
    {
       typedef TStringList inherited;
      private:
      void __fastcall SetValue( UnicodeString Value )
        {
          [indent]SelectedItem = IndexOf( Value );[/indent]
         };
         UnicodeString __fastcall GEtStrValue()
        {
             if (SelectedItem >= 0 && SelectedItem < Count )
                     return Strings[SelectedItem];
              else
             return "";
        };
    public:
       int SelectedItem;
       __property UnicodeString SelectedString = {read=GetValue, write=SetValue};
       __fastcall CustomSTringList() : TStringList {SelectedItem = -1;};

}

Then I had to make a custom property editor
    class CustomStringListPropertyEditor : public TfrxPropertyEditor
    {
      typedef TfrxPropertyEditor inherited;
      public:
        TfrxPropertyAttributes virtual __fastcall GetAttributes()
        {
          TfrxPropertyAttributes Results;
          Results << paReadOnly;
          Results << paValueList;
          return Results;
        };

virtual void __fastcall GetValues()
        {
            // Fetch all the current available options.
            CustomStringList* SL = (CustomStringList*) GetOrdValue(); // The pointer is stored in the int value
            Values->Clear();
            Values->AddStrings( SL );
        };

inline __fastcall virtual CustomStringListPropertyEditor( TfrxCusotmDesigner* Designer); TfrxPropertyEditor(Designer) {};
    };

In the custom component I needed to use that class as a property in the published section
    class CustomComponent : publicTfrxComponent
    {
       private:
          CustomStringList* SL;
      __published
          __property CustomStringList* Combobox = {read=SL, write=SL};
    };

And then, in the initialization of the component, you have to register the property editor (as well as the custom component)
    (frxPropertyEditors())->Register( __delphirtti(CustomStringList), NULL, "", __classid(CustomStringListPropertyEditor));

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.