Hiding zeros in bar chart value labels?

EDIT: I figured it out. Setting the series label to "#VALY{#}" removed the leading zeros and the empty cells are now labelless. >

Hi.

We're using FR (quite successfully) to generate some reports from our system, but I'm having some formatting issues.

I'm trying - so far not successfully - to hide zero values in one of our stacked bar charts. The series in question is mostly for anomalous data, and will more often than not just contain 0, but it's very interesting to have the numbers shown if there is something there. I have attached a snippet that illustrates the issue.

I haven't found a way to "override" the values inside FR Designer, nor doing anything with the point programmatically. The labels are set to "#VALY", which makes sense, but changing the label type, label text, font or color within our program "if value == 0" has no effect. I have single-stepped through the program, so I know it's at the right place, but no matter which attributes of the DataPoint object I change it doesn't seem to have any effect.

The data source is a CSV file, but changing "0" to empty strings doesn't seem to have any effect either. The Y value type is "auto", but becomes a double during preparations.

Any suggestions?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.