Dataset record id

YSHYSH
edited 6:47AM in FastReport VCL
Hi everyone,
Wondering if enyone knows how to get a dataset record id?

Comments

• edited 6:47AM
    YSH wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

What are you asking for? The current record number? That is usually not a useful piece of information, since the order of the records is changed by ORDER BY clauses, etc.

More to the point, what is it you are trying to do/show?

Rick Brodzinsky
  • YSHYSH
    edited 6:47AM
    brodzins wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

What are you asking for? The current record number? That is usually not a useful piece of information, since the order of the records is changed by ORDER BY clauses, etc.

More to the point, what is it you are trying to do/show?

Rick Brodzinsky

Yes, the current record number. In my case, that would solve my issue.
    I have multiple datasets, the row order always the same (the source order). The idea is to mark up some rows at the first pass and adjust a report at the second pass when i get a marked row.
    Have you looked at the System Variable [Line]? It will number the lines(rows) of a report. If your records are always in the same order, this should then correspond to the record number.

One idea, in your band???s OnBeforePrint event, can you assign your dataset???s RecNo property to a variable and print that in the record? (Have not tried this, might give it a shot tomorrow)

Rick Brodzinsky
    Yep, my idea seems to work, but only with the FireDac components. They seem to be the only ones which publish a Record Number property from the underlying TQuery object.

First, define a Report Variable named RecNo

In the code section (fdqReg is a TfrxFDQuery)
    var
      RecNo : longint;

procedure MasterData1OnBeforePrint(Sender : TfrxComponent);
    begin
      RecNo := fdqReg.FDRecNo;
      set('RecNo',RecNo);
    end;

Then, in the master data band, place a TfrxMemoView with [RecNo] as its contents.

Rick Brodzinsky
  • YSHYSH
    edited 6:47AM
    Yep, my idea seems to work, but only with the FireDac components. They seem to be the only ones which publish a Record Number property from the underlying TQuery object.

First, define a Report Variable named RecNo

In the code section (fdqReg is a TfrxFDQuery)
    var
      RecNo : longint;

procedure MasterData1OnBeforePrint(Sender : TfrxComponent);
    begin
      RecNo := fdqReg.FDRecNo;
      set('RecNo',RecNo);
    end;

Then, in the master data band, place a TfrxMemoView with [RecNo] as its contents.

Rick Brodzinsky

This works for me.
    Thank you, Rick!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.