Crystal Report to FastReport

edited 12:09PM in FastReport .NET
I imported one of many Crystal Reports I have into FastReport by opening in designer after adding the plugin. Here are the initial issues I have:

1. Dataset is not imported. The CR reports use an .xsd file. I found ways to handle this with an XML schema and XML data, but when I add those data sources it does not relink the data fields that were imported. Any way to automate this or workaround it?

2. On-demand subreports are blank. I have quite a few reports with on-demand subreports and they are always blank in the designer. This is a big deal as I basically will have to recreate each subreport manually.

3. Does not import formulas. The CR reports use display formulas on many fields, as well as custom formulas and formula fields.

4. Custom function are not imported. I have many custom functions that are used throughout the CR reports. They are all missing.

5. Groups are not imported. A single group band is created, but not linked to a datasource and adding a datasource does not relink it. If the CR report has multiple groups, only one group is imported.

Basically, any one of these issues means mostly, if not entirely, a rewrite to convert to FR. Any suggestions on resolve these issues?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.