Help/Examples(or lack there of) for C++ users

edited 7:11AM in FastScript
I???ve just purchased the FastScript and after installing it, reading through some of the help files and examples, and trying it out for about an hour, I have a complaint.

I understand that the overwhelming majority of users are Delphi folk but this product is advertised as being also for C++ Builder. If that is the case then you (Fast Reports) should at least offer some help files and examples specifically for C++ users. I don???t expect to be spoon fed nor do I want anyone to write my code for me (although, it appears this is what some people expect!) I just think there ought to be some documentation to get C++ Builder users on their feet. I have dabbled enough with Delphi that I have been able to decipher enough from the examples, help files, and this forum to get some things working. However, I don???t feel like I really should have to do this.

FastScript appears to be a nice and handy little tool. Maybe it???s just me but it???s my understanding that the real power behind a tool like this and the main reason people want it is to have the ability to add their own functions, types, variables etc??¦ The single C++ example addresses none of these issues. As I said, having some limited experience with Delphi has allowed me to figure out some of these issues. But for those who don???t have any Delphi experience it will be pretty tough for them to get up to any level of proficiency in any short amount of time.

I???m sure all the C++ users out there want is a little bit of support in performing these types of tasks to get us headed in the right direction.

Anyone out there agree/disagree?

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.