I don't have Master / Detail

Hi guys. I have a problem, and it seems it is big.
I have 2 tables, "linked" by ID field: car & person
1 person may own 1 or more cars
I make the listings in following way:
i list the cars in a report, and i list the persons in another report.
I was asked to list in one report the persons and their cars.
John
-- Honda ...
-- Ford ...
Mary
-- Renault ...

I know it is master / detail stuff but i use NEXUSDB, and i retrieve the data from the db server, so all the tables & db are generated at runtime, that's why i cannot make Master detail...

Any workaround for making this in the report ?

thanks alot

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 4:42PM
    use a joined query with an orderby clause to match grouping conditions you will want.
    in report use group headers set grouping conditions, 1 mdband group footers
    ;)
  • edited 4:42PM
    hi gordk
    you translate me into basic english that thing u wrote, or tell me where to find a little example about this, and i travel some 12000 km to build a bronze statue in front of your home...
    do u accept the offering ... ;)

well.. i don't even know how to make that SQL nor how to make all that stuff u say in reports...

PS: sorry ... ;)

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>THANKS</span>
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 4:42PM
    you have an excellent demo of this already in the fr\demos\reports\frdemo.dpr
    compile and run the demo, see the nested groups report
    to see the query this is based on look in the datamodule at the repquery.
    ;)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.