Weird behavior on Data Tab

edited 11:43AM in FastReport VCL
I just got around to creating new reports in a new project, using V6.2.16 (have only been modifying / using existing since last code update) and have noticed that all the data objects on the data tab "snap" to the upper left hand corner once the report is previewed. So, when you have multiple data objects, they all get piled on top of each other.

Makes it very disconcerting and awkward to always drag them back out into the tab, to work on the individual queries

Rick Brodzinsky

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited March 2019
    brodzins wrote: »
    all the data objects on the data tab "snap" to the upper left hand corner once the report is previewed. So, when you have multiple data objects, they all get piled on top of each other.
    G'day Rick,

If I have understood this correctly, it sounds like an issue with the Align property of the Object(s).

Can you tell us what value is set? I am looking at a report created with FR v6.3.2 and the Align properties of the Objects recently added are all baNone.

Now I have a vague recollection that the Editor remembers the last setting of hAlign property (so if you set one Object to right-align the displayed value, subsequently added Objects do it too). Maybe(!) the Editor is also remembering the setting of Align.

Could be worth setting up a minimal Test Project...

Cheers, Paul

=== EDIT ===

P.S. Actually there is a quick way to check this! If you saved the report as an FR3 file, you can open it with a Text Editor and look through it for the Align property values. If you save the reports into the Form, then you can only do this if the Forms are saved as Text (not Binary).
  • edited 11:43AM
    Polomint wrote: »
    Polomint wrote: »
    all the data objects on the data tab "snap" to the upper left hand corner once the report is previewed. So, when you have multiple data objects, they all get piled on top of each other.
    G'day Rick,

If I have understood this correctly, it sounds like an issue with the Align property of the Object(s).

Can you tell us what value is set? I am looking at a report created with FR v6.3.2 and the Align properties of the Objects recently added are all baNone.

Now I have a vague recollection that the Editor remembers the last setting of hAlign property (so if you set one Object to right-align the displayed value, subsequently added Objects do it too). Maybe(!) the Editor is also remembering the setting of Align.

Could be worth setting up a minimal Test Project...

Cheers, Paul

=== EDIT ===

P.S. Actually there is a quick way to check this! If you saved the report as an FR3 file, you can open it with a Text Editor and look through it for the Align property values. If you save the reports into the Form, then you can only do this if the Forms are saved as Text (not Binary).

That was the first think I looked for (align and position values). There are none! I only noticed, yesterday, that v6.3 was available. Been using 6.2.16 since early Feb, but have been bogged down in non-FR parts of the current project that past few weeks (like getting data INTO the database, versus reporting it out).

These are FireDac objects - not sure if the properties are simply missing from them, or if this was a bug introduced in the latter v6.2 releases. Will check out most recent v6.3 today.
    Just installed v6.3.2, and am getting the same behavior (this is with Rio v10.3.1; 64 bit)

Comparing to an app compiled with v6.2.15, I see the TfrxFDQuery components have a few new properties:
    Active
    Cached Updates
    Macro Create
    Macro Expand
    Macros
    Read Only

Those are all set to the default settings in the new app using v6.3.2 reports. (What are Macros - how can one use them?)

Neither the older, nor the newer reports have position or alignment properties for the components. I checked with ADO components, as well, and they don't have them, either. This is just something really weird.

I am also still trying to figure out why, since installing Rio, I am now compiling all the FR unit DCUs to my ...\<project>\Win64\Debug (or \Release) folders when the DCUs have already been compiled in the FastReport... \LibD26 and \LibD26x64 folders, which are in the Delphi Language paths.

Rick
    FYI I had this same issue, but ONLY with the FDQuery objects. Database and Stored procedures did stay put.

I posted a ticket and Paul Gursky had me comment out a line in frxFDComponents and now all of my FDquery objects once again behave.

Chris C. wrote: »
    FYI I had this same issue, but ONLY with the FDQuery objects. Database and Stored procedures did stay put.

I posted a ticket and Paul Gursky had me comment out a line in frxFDComponents and now all of my FDquery objects once again behave.

OK, yes, they were all FDQuery objects (didn't even think about trying others). Which line?
    Find and comment out
    frComponentStyle := frComponentStyle + [csHandlesNestedProperties];

in the frxFDComponents.pas

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.