Same/similar headers and footers on different pages

Hello,

my report will have different pages with different contents.
All the pages shall contain the same footer which among the page number which is not problem also contains a text field where I set its value by code.

The header is the same situation, but it will contain even more text fields I set by code and it contains a graphic.

Is there a way to "reuse" this header on each of the pages so that setting the text for the text fields on the first page also appears in the text fields of the
2nd and 3rd etc. pages? Or is this only possible by using a data set for outputting the data to the text field (the basis for my report is not database data!)
and then copy this header to each page in the designer so the same data set and the same field of that data set is reused?

Best regards
Markus Humm

Comments

• edited 11:45AM
    Hello Markus,

As far as i know, page header repeat itself on every page generated.
    For example if you have a 1 paged design with the page header, header will placed on every page that report generated.
    If you have design with 3 pages, you need to place page header on every page.
    But I am not sure if this is what you asking.

Ps : I use adoqueries for report data.

Regards,
    boakoms.
    Markus H wrote: »
    Hello,

my report will have different pages with different contents.
    All the pages shall contain the same footer which among the page number which is not problem also contains a text field where I set its value by code.

The header is the same situation, but it will contain even more text fields I set by code and it contains a graphic.

Is there a way to "reuse" this header on each of the pages so that setting the text for the text fields on the first page also appears in the text fields of the
    2nd and 3rd etc. pages? Or is this only possible by using a data set for outputting the data to the text field (the basis for my report is not database data!)
    and then copy this header to each page in the designer so the same data set and the same field of that data set is reused?

Best regards
    Markus Humm

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.