Protected PDF

Hello everybody.

I have tried to modify the ProtectionFlags property in the TfrxPDFExport component, but didn't work:

ePrint = True
eModify = False
eCopy = False
eAnnot = False

I need to export a report in a protected PDF file, and this PDF cannot be edited or modified by any PDF editors.

Best regards.
Junior

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited January 2019
    jufloren wrote: »
    I have tried to modify the ProtectionFlags property in the TfrxPDFExport component, but didn't work
    G'day Junior,

I don't think it works in v6.2 either. Have you raised a Support Ticket?

Cheers, Paul

PS. Our testbed allows various options to be set/cleared, and when the Export Dialog pops up it seems the Security Options are not available. But the document produced can be Printed, Modified and Annotated.

>
  • edited 11:49PM
    Polomint wrote: »
    PS. Our testbed allows various options to be set/cleared, and when the Export Dialog pops up it seems the Security Options are not available. But the document produced can be Printed, Modified and Annotated.

Hi Paul!

Yesterday, after I have posted this thread, I have made some tests to undestand this protection mode. I have used DoroPDF to try to make and protect a file, and I understood the metod. When we need to protect a PDF file, a master password must be defined, in our case, OwnerPassword propertie. The file can be open normaly (without a password), but the lock options works fine. I think the password is necessary to modify the file, but I didn't test this.

Hope this helps you too.

Cheers.

Junior
  • PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited 11:49PM
    When we need to protect a PDF file, a master password must be defined, in our case, OwnerPassword property.
    I think the password is necessary to modify the file, but I didn't test this.
    Thanks for the "heads up" Junior.

You prompted me to do some digging of my own.

We were setting OwnerPassword, as well as UserPassword. What we were also doing (and you can see it in the screen shot in my last post) was setting the PDF/A option.

Clearing that option made everything work as expected, showing the "Security" tab in the Export Dialog Box, and showing different behaviours when "owner" or "user" is entered as password. Oh and I validated this in both Adobe Acrobat, and Nitro Pro.

The client who wanted this ability is currently using a third-party tool to secure their reports. It will be great to offer them a "native" solution! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> Cheers, Paul[/img]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.