How to insert a table which grows dynamically and fill the data from CPP code

Hi,

I am a beginner to FastReport. My requirement is to have a table in the TfrxReport and the data of the rows and columns has to be filled from the back-end cpp code rather than from a DBDataset.

I couldn't find much of information in internet on how to do this. Any suggessted idea on how to draw the table and fill the data or any related tutorial will be helpful.
FYI: I'm using FastReport FMX 2 version on a Embercadero IDE.

Comments

• LurkingKiwiLurkingKiwi Wellington, New Zealand
    edited 9:30AM
    What you need is a user dataset. In VCL this is TfrxUserDataSet, and there are examples supplied with FR.
    You supply a function which is passed a field name, and your code then looks up the requested data.
    I use code like the following in Delphi for printing a 2D string array containing blanks or integer text using dummy column names like ColA, ColB etc:
    ArrayDS.RangeBegin := rbFirst;
    ArrayDS.RangeEnd := reCount;
    ArrayDS.RangeEndCount := High(StringArray);

and the following function is assigned to the OnGetValue event:

procedure TForm1.frxArrayGetValue(const VarName: string; var Value: Variant);
    var
    ci: Integer;
    begin
    if (length(VarName) = 4) and (copy(Varname,1,3) = 'Col') then
    begin { Only change value if it's our column name, this is called with full expressions before decomposing into fields }
    ci := Ord(UpCase(VarName[4])) - Ord('A');
    if StringArray[ArrayDS.RecNo, ci] = '' then
    Value := NULL { This shows as a blank in the preview, and as an empty cell in Excel - exactly what's wanted }
    else
    Value := StrToInt(StringArray[ArrayDS.RecNo, ci]);
    end
    end
    end;

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.