Where is the Field Link Designer?

Sorry, stupid question. I'm going through the horribly poorly-written documentation for this software. Page 48 says "Set ???MasterSource = DataSource1??? for
the ???Table2??? component on the Delphi form." I'm assuming by the pictures that they are referring to the Field Link Designer when they say "the Delphi form." Nowhere in the documentation do they mention where this is. This documentation is for version 6 and of course they have no documentation for version 5. Is this a new feature in 6?

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited 7:05AM
    G'day Galin,

For FR 5 Vcl try https://www.fast-report.com/public_download...L-en/index.html

I've not checked if you're right, but we keep our own "Wayback Machine" and the old manual link still seems to work...

Cheers, Paul
  • edited 7:05AM
    Polomint wrote: »
    G'day Galin,

For FR 5 Vcl try https://www.fast-report.com/public_download...L-en/index.html

I've not checked if you're right, but we keep our own "Wayback Machine" and the old manual link still seems to work...

Cheers, Paul

Thank you for sending the v5 manual my way. Can this be pinned? The company should post this with the v6 manual but I'm thinking that they've checked out.

Unfortunately, though, this is pretty much the same info as v6. I'm looking at Creating Reports / Report with two data levels. About halfway down there is a 'Field Link Designer' window. The text says to "Set ???MasterSource = DataSource1??? for the ???Table2??? component on the Delphi form." But it doesn't say how to get to this 'Delphi form.'
  • PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited September 2018
    G'day Galin,

I don't know about "pinning" - one of the FastReport staffers who visit here may comment on that.

But as to getting the Delphi Form "Field Link Designer" I expect the FR team are relying on Embarcadero's documentation for that(!)

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/e...d_Link_Designer

And I note that this is a long-standing issue (try googling "FastReport Field Link Designer" and you'll see requests at least as far back as 2006, and none of them satisfactorily address the question).

I'll offer this:

If you have two (ADO)Dataset components on your Form / DataModule (one for Master the other for Detail), and you have set MasterSource property in the Detail component to link to the Master component, then if you click the Ellipsis Button ("...") on the Detail component's MasterFields property, you will see:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.