Load image into TfrxPictureView?

I've got a FastReport 5 report where in the detail band I've put a TfrxPictureView component and I need to load an image into it; in the reporting package I used to use there was a "BeforePrint" event but in the report designer when I have the detail band or the component selected I can't get to the "Events" tab. So in the program there's a variable that points to the location of the images and in the detail dataset there's a field with the image name; so how do I insert some code to load the image into the TfrxPictureView?

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 3:23PM
    It seems you are use some packages from free FR Embarcadero Edition. Uninstall all instances of FR, remove all FR's files and folders (see system and hidden folders too) and then install registered version of FR again
  • edited 3:23PM
    gpi wrote: »
    It seems you are use some packages from free FR Embarcadero Edition. Uninstall all instances of FR, remove all FR's files and folders (see system and hidden folders too) and then install registered version of FR again

I have RAD Studio Professional and got FastReport through the GetIt Package Manager; in older version of Delphi the reporting software only allowed you to create reports at Designtime (and use them at runtime, no runtime Report Designer) but did let you create events in those reports. Are you saying that the Embarcadero Edition does not allow you to add event driven actions in the report?
  • gpigpi
    Yes, free FR Embarcadero Edition doesn't have run-time designer and script support
  • edited 3:23PM
    gpi wrote: »
    Yes, free FR Embarcadero Edition doesn't have run-time designer and script support

I'm finding conflicting information, according to this web page RAD Studio Product Matrix RAD Studio Pro is supposed to come with the version of FastReports that gives you script support; I do have the Pro version so I should be entitled to FastReports with script support?
  • gpigpi
    All RAD editions have free FR Embarcadero Edition
  • LurkingKiwiLurkingKiwi Wellington, New Zealand
    Norm@Home wrote: »
    Norm@Home wrote: »

I'm finding conflicting information, according to this web page RAD Studio Product Matrix RAD Studio Pro is supposed to come with the version of FastReports that gives you script support; I do have the Pro version so I should be entitled to FastReports with script support?

I think the columns in the matrix are FR version, not Rad Studio versions; the one included in Rad Studio is the most limited "Embarcadero Edition", really a taster to get you to upgrade.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.