'fqbClass.dcu' not found

Am using Delphi Xe6 and FastReports VCL 6 Standard, whenever I drop the frxADOComponents on the form I get the error,

[dcc32 Fatal Error] frxADOComponents.pas(28): F1026 File not found: 'fqbClass.dcu'

Does this mean I cannot use ADODatabase and ADOQuery with FastReports Standard?

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited August 2018
    G'day Eli.

How long since you installed FR? Do you have any reports working?

You can certainly use FRv6 Standard with ADO - our main App has over 25 reports based on it (as well as some using FireDAC/SQLite).

I think the FQBclass unit is not supported in Standard edition. (<strike>QPI</strike> GPI ** will correct me if I am wrong.). When you installed FRv6 did you get errors when you recompiled?

Cheers, Paul

=====================

** EDIT: Blame predictive spelling on my phone! Sorry GPI > Glad it was easily sorted out...
  • After installing FR I got an error "dcufrxIBX20.bpl could not be loaded". For the working reports; I have gotten some reports that do not use ADO Components working, but the moment I dropped the frxComponent on the form and tried to compile the error "fqbClass.dcu not found"
  • gpigpi
    edited August 2018
    1. FastQueryBuilder is not included in the FR Standard Edition. You are probably started recompile.exe with the FR Professional / Enterprise version, and {$DEFINE QBUILDER} was added to frx.inc. It is necessary to delete it and again to start recompilation of packages
    2. All FR's objects are available in the design-time designer, but they need to be added to uses list for run-time. Add TfrxADOComponent to project or frxADOComponents unit to uses list. See here for more info: https://www.fast-report.com/en/faq/13/105
    3. If you had not install Interbase Express components (IBX) with Delphi - you may run Delphi's installer and install Interbase Express components or just disable loading of dclfrxIBX20.bpl package
  • A million thanks @gpi I was compiling FR using professional instead of standard.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.