DB fields in ReportTitle

edited 6:12AM in FastReport VCL 5
Is it Possible to view some data from DB in the ReportTitle?
I could not find a way to connect a ReportTitle to a Dataset.
The main goal is to have an aggregate function on one of the fields and show it above the PageHeader (Once per report)
Any Ideas / Alternatives?

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited 6:12AM
    G'day Sako,

Not sure what you have tried, or what limits you have on your approach. But yes you can do this.

All of the reports in our main application show data from the opened database's Control Table. In some cases the "subtitle" field in the Title Band is populated from the active query.

We do this by setting FastReport variables in the ReportTitleBeforePrint event code. Most of the logic is contained in Delphi code - we use only a small amount of report scripting. Oh and all of our reports are set-up to be double-pass.

Cheers, Paul
  • edited 6:12AM
    Thanks for reply,
    I have figured out that the problem is with realizing the aggregate function/s in Fastreport.
    I am using the 'storedprocedure' component of NativeDB, so that inside my report I am using the dataset resulting as the output of a procedure being defined under this 'storedprocedure' component.
    So neither of aggregate functions are functioning neither in Masterdata nor in Pageheader/Reporttitle

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.