Double side printing with different data on each page

Hi,

I need to print IDCards and I must deal with two different layouts: Single sided layout, and double sided layout.

I already made it print using 1 side (front only) layout.
I'm using UserDataset to manage the layout. It prints perfectly.

I still need to print 1x1 card ( 1 card per page ) or 3x3 cards ( 9 cards per page ).
The customer can choose between a single sided layout or double sided layout. (I'm only dealing with 1x1 front side only)
For example: 1x1 FrontPage prints -> Picture, Name, Department Barcode BackPage prints a Picture and a Message then moves to the next employee.
Example2: 3x3 layout: Prints same as above but 9 employees and then I must make the back match with each employee data. Each employee can have a different back side message/picture depending on a few factors.

I already have the required data. How can I manage such printing?

TIA,
Cl?©ment

Comments

• edited 3:09AM
    Hi,

I solved the problem creating the report 100% at runtime by using a ClientDataset and keeping two list of frxComponents, one for front page and one for back page.
    When frxDBDataset fires the OnNext I check the dataset to see if the page is Front or Back and I run the corresponding component list setting their visibility accordingly.
    It works and it is fast! great product!

TIA,
    Cl?©ment

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.