I have a report with following items,

header with details (list of parts) has dataset
sub reports to list who used each part , has dataset
sub report to list price. cost for each item, has dataset

Finally all totals, I guess report summary

How I do that

Comments

• edited 11:21PM
    As your question suggests, you can do this by adding multiple sub-reports. I have attached a screenshot of a form that I created using four sub-reports (two are duplicates of the other two). This form prints side-by-side copies of a packing slip which can be cut in half for my companies purposes. Each sub-report is represented by a different page/tab in the report. Each sub-report is then designed separately as an independent report. There are limits to what bands can be placed on a sub-report, and how the main body of the report can be designed around the sub-reports, but nothing that cannot be overcome in most cases.

I have just recently started using sub-reports in my work, so I am not that proficient as yet, but they are pretty easy to use, with just a few quirks which you can see if you check my post a few lines down in the list. Above all, read the documentation.

Jeff Eib

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.