frxPDFExport PDF A3?

edited 2:23PM in FastReport VCL 5
Hello,
New Regulations in Germany demand Tax related Documents (Invoices...) to be stored into PDF A3 Format when stored in PDF.
I store the output into PDFs for archiving reasons.
In the frxPdfExport options I found an Option "a". What exactly is the effect of this option when set?

Since I use Hardware Printers for normal Output, it is inconvenient to have everything (where necessary) to be printed via a "PDF Printer" Software.

If FR5 can not store / generate PDF A3, does FR6 do that, if not, when will it do so?

TIA Rolf

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited 2:23PM
    G'day Rolf,

I am not sure what you've tried and whether my test serves your needs, but I've been able to export to A3 in FastReport Vcl 5.

The "trick" was to set PageOptions width / height to the appropriate values for A3, before calling Export.

• chj501chj501 Germany
    edited 2:23PM
    Hi,

I'm not sure if Rolf asked for the DIN-A3 Page Format or the PDF/A3 Standard.

As for the PDF/A3 Standard I asked Fast Reports some weeks ago.
    I got the Information that they are working on the implementation in Fast Report VCL 6 (not in VCL 5 anymore) and they plan to have it done till september.

As far as I know you only Need the PDF/A3 when working with ZUGFeRD (to embed the XML information into the PDF file).
    For archiving PDF invoices without ZUGFeRD there is no need for the 3rd Version... this can also be done with the PDF/A Standard in my oppinion.

Best regards
    Christian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.