How to Convert Crystal Report to FastReport ? (Delphi)

edited 11:01AM in FastReport VCL
How to Convert Crystal Report to FastReport ? (Delphi)

I have several reports created in Crystal Reports and now I need to do the conversion to use in FastReport. Is there any way to do this?

Regards

Charles

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited 11:01AM
    I have no personal experience of doing this, but the FastReport FAQs suggest you can (if you have Crystal Reports installed).

Is there a convertor for ... ?

There is a curiously named link there to "Donwload" the tool. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> Cheers, Paul[/img]
  • edited 11:01AM
    Polomint wrote: »
    I have no personal experience of doing this, but the FastReport FAQs suggest you can (if you have Crystal Reports installed).

Is there a convertor for ... ?

There is a curiously named link there to "Donwload" the tool. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> Cheers, Paul[/img]

We tried this out and program crashes instantly.

SAP Crystal Reports installed is 14.0.4.738 RTM

There is no real documentation about this tool at all.

Any ideas?
  • PolomintPolomint Australia
    If the offered convertor crashes, I'd raise a Support Ticket. The FastReport folk are more likely to respond quickly there. GPI is the only one we see regularly in the Forums...

Cheers, Paul

PS documentation is an issue we should add to our "wishlist", the User Documentation is the only publication updated for v6.0. The Programmer and Developer docs are overdue for replacement.
  • gpigpi
    jdredd wrote: »

Any ideas?
    This convertor works with CR which included in the VS 2005 only
  • edited 11:01AM
    gpi wrote: »
    gpi wrote: »

Any ideas?
    This convertor works with CR which included in the VS 2005 only

Might want to update the link @ https://www.fast-report.com/en/faq/26/233/

To reflect that it only works with one small version release of CR.

Otherwise people like me will doink with it for a while trying to figure out what is going on as there is no documentation, warnings or error reporting.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.