SVG Images in a Report

edited 1:04AM in FastReport VCL
Hello,

Is it possible to use (and keep when exporting to PDF, for instance) SVG vector images on a report? I can insert them in a Picture object, but I think that they are handled like bitmaps, not vectors.

This is with FR 6.0.8. I don't see any relevant changes in the changelog in 6.0.9 for this.

Thanks!

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 1:04AM
    Sorry, but FR 6 doesn't have such feature
  • edited 1:04AM
    gpi wrote: »
    Sorry, but FR 6 doesn't have such feature

Ok.

Now, I am seeing actually a problem when trying to load a SVG image at runtime.

I load the images into a TcxImageCollection, from DevExpress. That generates a TcxImageCollectionItem that includes a TPicture object. Later I assign that to the TfrxPictureView, like this:

<!--fonto:Lucida Console--><span style="font-family:Lucida Console"><!--/fonto-->frx_picture_view->Picture->Assign(cx_image_collection_item->Picture);<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

This works fine for most images (jpg, png, and so on. All of them create a TdxSmartImage) but not SVG images, even when I can load the SVG at designtime without issues. When doing this at runtime then there is no picture displayed.

Is something needed for this to work?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.