Unable to install FastReport VCL 6_0_8

When trying to install the last fastreport vcl revision 6_0_8, the installer aborts with a password or corrupt archive error.
Downloaded several times the error remains ocurring during the process of preparing setup.

??Any Idea?

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 7:00AM
    Try to use download manager for FR's installer downloading
  • edited 7:00AM
    gpi wrote: »
    Try to use download manager for FR's installer downloading
    until now, there were no problem downloading and installing any version for FR releases. Why Now?
  • edited April 2018
    definitely the installer is wrong.
    never before windows smart screen has shown an alert message and never before the installer is not able to execute itself....

Please replace the installer in the download page.

One more thing...
    The installer digital signature is incorrect and thus the smart screen message.

re-sign the installer.
    I have a similar problem
    I have finally been able to install the program, downloading from internet explorer. firefox nor chrome are able to download correctly. this does never ocurried with previous releases.
  • PolomintPolomint Australia
    I think your recent success has nothing to do with your choice of browser! I think there may have been some difference in the files downloaded.

We downloaded 6.0.8 on 12/4/18 but had not attempted until this morning to install it. On doing so we get a dialogbox displayed:

BeyondCompare does not find that they are the same:

FastCube) where the installer was incorrect and replacement fixed the error.

Perhaps the good folk at FastReport changed the file, without changing the date beside it or telling us(!)

Cheers, Paul
  • PolomintPolomint Australia
    ..and the good news is that FRv6.0.9 is AOK! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" /> Cheers, Paul[/img]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.