Report repeats same information or data

edited April 2018 in FastReport 4.0
Hello? Nobody has responded yet, and I still have this problem. Any ideas how I work around what appears to be a bug with FastReport?

Hi,
I've been using FastReport for a while now, having created a variety of reports as per data from our Postgres Database. I recently created a report that shows groups of data, where data is grouped according to board grade for boards manufactured by our sawmill. Then within each (boardgrade) group, there are multiple bins for each size board. I have this working perfectly, however recently we have noticed that half the time, the data is repeated over and over again. The report never reaches the end. IE the report summary is never seen. I have also noticed that if I scroll down in the report preview and then back up again, the number of pages shown increases by 10's (sometimes 100's) of pages at a time. Leave it long enough and I get an "out of memory" error during editing. If I change the database query to a different date range (IE a different number of rows will then be returned) then the report behaves itself, grouping only 1 for each board grade, followed by the Report Summary. The report is typically only 1 - 2 pages long max.

I have also noticed that if I make the GroupFooter slightly larger or smaller, I can make the problem disappear for the given report (data). However this does not solve the problem, it just moves it elsewhere, as when I exit, and change my date range again, then the problem pops up again elsewhere for (presumably) a different number of returned data rows.

Is this some bug in Version 4.15 I haven't seen before? Have I inadvertently enabled something I shouldn't have? I have created numerous other reports before using FastReport, and never seen this behavior before.
Here's what the report should look like (Report groups are grouped by Grade Name):

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.