Adding fields to a report

edited 3:30AM in FastReport VCL 5
I am trying to modify an existing report. It appears that the report will only return info from Data>WO and not from Data>Order. I am trying to add OrderNumber to the report. How would I go about doing this?

Comments

• edited 3:30AM
    Hello,
    Can you explain your problem a bit more.
    As i understand from the picture, you have data from Order Query.
    If you can see the fields from order query like in the picture, you can drag and drop them to the anywhere on the design page.
    boakoms.
    Galin wrote: »
    I am trying to modify an existing report. It appears that the report will only return info from Data>WO and not from Data>Order. I am trying to add OrderNumber to the report. How would I go about doing this?
    boakoms wrote: »
    Hello,
    If you can see the fields from order query like in the picture, you can drag and drop them to the anywhere on the design page.
    boakoms.

Thank you for your reply. I think you're saying what I was trying to do. When I attempt to drag an item (in this case Data>Order>OrderNumber) the cursor turns into a crossed out circle and doesn't drag. Maybe there's a setting to allow editing??

Do you or anyone else reading this offer report building services? It's for a company and would be paid if we can get the report how we need it. All of the info should be built already, it just needs to be customized. Some of the features of this language are pretty obvious, some (like this one) aren't.
    Hello,
    boakoms.

Thank you for your reply. I think you're saying what I was trying to do. When I attempt to drag an item (in this case Data>Order>OrderNumber) the cursor turns into a crossed out circle and doesn't drag. Maybe there's a setting to allow editing??

Do you or anyone else reading this offer report building services? It's for a company and would be paid if we can get the report how we need it. All of the info should be built already, it just needs to be customized. Some of the features of this language are pretty obvious, some (like this one) aren't.

I think I know the error you have, but what are you loading in the data source ?

xml database ?
    ms sql database ?
    Hello,

crossed out circle shape cursor happens to me but its like 1 in a million and when i close and reopen FR its gets normal.

do you still need help for the report design ?

boakoms.
    Hello,
    boakoms.

Hello,

crossed out circle shape cursor happens to me but its like 1 in a million and when i close and reopen FR its gets normal.

do you still need help for the report design ?

boakoms.
    Hello,
    boakoms.

Yes, we will more likely that not need some help creating this. There would probably be more reports to add either right away or down the road as well. We're meeting on it tomorrow and I will follow up Friday. Thanks for offering!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.