Fast Reports Printing Question

edited March 2018 in FastReport .NET
Does anyone know why a report that you print to PDF (using PDF Printer software, etc.) and a report printed to a printer would have different margins?

Shouldn't the image being sent be the same?

I have a report that is landscape and, as a result, harder to fudge and have look right. When printed to PDF, the report content is centered within the page margins, etc. When I print it to a printer, it prints up against the left side of the page (sometimes even cutting it off), and the margins on the right are huge. The text is also bigger when printing to the printer, and there are no settings on the printer to increase the scale of the documents, so it isn't that. And if it were a setting like that, it wouldn't be eliminating the left margin (which strikes me as rather strange).

I've tried multiple printers and it does the same thing.

I've also adjusted the margins, and at 2 cm, it doesn't cut off the content on the left anymore, but it seems like it would be a nightmare to play around with the margins until it prints right here, plus it would just keep reducing the content area too...

I was just wondering if anyone has found a solution for this. It just seems like the image should be the same and print the same regardless. If I print it to PDF first and then print the PDF, it is identical...

Thanks!

Comments

• edited March 2018
    printer machine has margin limitation, professional software like ms excel or adobe photoshop can print at margin top-right-bottom-left = 0, but dotnet printer can not.

about margin limitation, read printer whitepaper
  • edited 4:36AM
    ipong wrote: »
    printer machine has margin limitation, professional software like ms excel or adobe photoshop can print at margin top-right-bottom-left = 0, but dotnet printer can not.

about margin limitation, read printer whitepaper

Thanks!

What printer machine whitepaper should I look at? I tried to find something on .NET Printing (which is what I assumed you were referring to), but I couldn't find anything applicable.

Also, is there a suggested workaround for this issue? I can certainly understand that Fast Reports is working with a restriction here, but I'm trying to make sure that things print the same. I really don't want to suggest that people print to PDF and then print that...

Thanks again for your help.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.