Force 2nd page to print

edited 11:45PM in FastReport VCL 5
Hello All:

This was working just fine until one of my users said she could not get the second page to showup and print.

I am using a plain page with variables. I dropped a memo on the first page that is not stretchable.
After the first memo fills up it overflows to a memo on the second page. I can not get the second page to show up.

Like I said this was working. I had to reinstall everything in January after a system crash.
I'm just not sure that this worked after that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited 11:45PM
    G'day John,

Can you break the problem down into smaller bits?

For example:

- Does the report look OK in preview?
    - Can you get the report to show up correctly in the IDE / Report Designer?
    - Do you have a backup copy of a previously compiled executable that works (so the issue is not date / data driven)?

And to get in before GPI does [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> , can you share the FR3 (or a public version of it) here? Cheers, Paul[/img]
  • edited 11:45PM
    Thanks Paul:
    The report does not show the second page on the preview either.

This report is not data driven.
    I have a memo / txt field on the first page that holds details from a quote form.
    I'm loading a String list into the memo just before I run the report.
    As I am putting together the String list, I make the 2nd page visible if there are more than 25 lines in the String list.
    I was using the "Flow To" to have the text overflow into a memo on the second page.
    The issue is the second page does not show up.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Polomint wrote: »
    G'day John,

Can you break the problem down into smaller bits?

For example:
    - Does the report look OK in preview?
    - Can you get the report to show up correctly in the IDE / Report Designer?
    - Do you have a backup copy of a previously compiled executable that works (so the issue is not date / data driven)?

And to get in before GPI does [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> , can you share the FR3 (or a public version of it) here? Cheers, Paul[/img]
  • edited 11:45PM

OK, so I have it working again.

I have a memo on [age 1 of the report that needs to overflow to the second page.

First of all the memo in page 2 does not show up in the drop down for page 1. If typed in manually it works.
    The Flow to was working, but then it would not print the page. On the page options We have to set PrintIfEmpty - true.
    In my report I manually choose to set the visible property of page 2 to true.

Thanks to those who tried to help and I hope this helps others.

Jmac61 wrote: »
    Hello All:

This was working just fine until one of my users said she could not get the second page to showup and print.

I am using a plain page with variables. I dropped a memo on the first page that is not stretchable.
    After the first memo fills up it overflows to a memo on the second page. I can not get the second page to show up.

Like I said this was working. I had to reinstall everything in January after a system crash.
    I'm just not sure that this worked after that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.