TChartView

I have a bar chart and the labels displayed make no sense to me. The labels on the X Axis are the same as the 'hover ' values. I don't know why you would repeat the same value instead of displaying the Y values in the 'hover' text. I want to hide the hover text it just wastes space (if it displayed the Y values it would be OK).

In the picture attached Dan Morgan has 14 laps where the lap time was 4.9 seconds. In the chart I'd expect the 'Hover' text to say "14" not "4.9". The 4.9 is obvious since it's displayed on the X axis labels.

TfrxChartView *pChart = ((TfrxChartView *)ReportPrintResults->FindObject("Chart2"));

pChart->Chart->Hover->Visible = false; // This doesn't work, the redundant hover text is still displayed

I'd like to know how to remove the hover text, and how to change the value of the hover text. I did a google search and there is no documentation on this that I can find.

Thanks!

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited December 2017
    AFAIK this object derives from the TeeChart components, and you can most certainly tell TeeChart which value to display on "Marks". When we first added Charts to our applications it was a bit of a struggle; TeeChart is so functionally rich some useful settings are buried deep.

I presume you have already tried the FR5 User Manual - Chart Section

From memory you have to do something like setting (for each series) Marks.Style = smsValue (in code) or navigate in the wizard to the appropriate page and make your choice from the drop-down.

Hope this helps...

Cheers, Paul
    ===========
    Edit
    ===========

I've just checked FastReport Vcl v6.0.4 Chart Editor. The properties for a Series include Marks with a sub-property Styles. There are ~15 alternatives in the drop-down box. Not sure what you currently have selected, but it would be worth experimenting with different values (suspect you need smsValue). [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Cheers, Paul[/img]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.