Installing 5.6.8

The installation takes 20+ minutes, then at the very end it says make sure you ran the installer "As Administrator". A little late for that.

After the files are installed and the files need to be compiled, I get a frx24.dpk not compiled. delphi24 error: frxe24.dpk(101) Fatal: F2613 Unit 'frxrcExports.pas' not found.

How do I correct this?

Thanks!
Doug

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited December 2017
    As a long-term member here Doug, I assume you have had multiple versions of both RAD Studio and FastReport. So, I take it that you have "upgraded" to v5.6.8 from an earlier version.

Did you follow the established process of uninstalling the previous version, and completely removing all trace of it? A scan for all fs*.* and frx*.* may be necessary (including any network folders in your search path). I recently found that even using IObit Uninstaller traces remain (really screwed up my participation in the V6 beta test!)

Then you can install the new version. If you forget to do it under Admin privilege, just cancel the Compilation step, and then run it separately from the Start Menu (elevate of course).

Hope this helps. If not, a bit more detail would help😄

Cheers, Paul
  • edited 5:30PM
    Thanks Paul. So far it seems to be working OK, but I haven't tried to export yet, I think that is what didn't install properly.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.