After Install FR5VCL components does not appear in palette

edited November 2017 in FastReport VCL 5
Hi guys,

I installed FastReports5 for Delphi Tokyo 10.2.1 using the installation file downloaded from https://cc.embarcadero.com/Item/30728 ,FR5VCL_D25.exe in a Windows 7 machine.

The instalation was made using Admin user and it was sucessfull. After installed I opend Delphi using Admin account and it seems everything was ok, all FastReports components were appearing in the Tool Palette.

However, when I log in as a Developer user in Windows 7 and opened Delphi , FastReports components DOES NOT APPEARED !! See attached file.

I changed the access rights of user Developer for the Windows folders below , to full acess , similar to Admin user :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero
C:\Program Files (x86)\FastReports

but the problem still remains , FastReport components does not appeared !!

Did I miss some step or configuration during the install process ?

Is there any special configuration to install FastReports in order to be used by any OS user different of Admin. I didn't use Admin user for build applications !!

I appreciate your support .

Thank you.

Ricardo.

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 11:42PM
    wrote:
    I didn't use Admin user for build applications !!
    Use Admin or install FR as Developer user
    wrote:
    I changed the access rights of user Developer for the Windows folders below , to full acess , similar to Admin user :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero
    C:\Program Files (x86)\FastReports
    Set permissions for system folder (SysWOW64) too
  • edited 11:42PM
    wrote:
    name='gpi' date='Nov 17 2017, 05:55 AM' post='38936'
    wrote:
    Use Admin or install FR as Developer user
    wrote:
    Set permissions for system folder (SysWOW64) too

Thanks GPI !

I set the permissions on folder SysWOW64 BUT it stil didn't work ! It presented another error message : Cannot create file <file name> in SYSTEM32 folder .

I think there is no reason for changing all system's protected folders permissions in order to make this installation work !

There must be another way to make it work without to compromise Windows security .

I appreciate any suport and quick reply on this .

Thanks.

• edited 11:42PM
    Can anyone give some help on this issue ?

Thanks!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.