My Component error on show preview

Hi,

I designed my own TDataset descendant component, i have planned to use FastReport for data reports. I am trying to play with it to see how it works, i found an error when generating preview. When i investigate it, the error come from event AfterOpen on unit data.db.

So my question, What procedure or function should i provide in my component to make it compatible with FastReport.

Almost forget to mention, i use fastReport 4.6 that comes with Delphi XE2.

Below is the error message,

Debugger Exception Notification
Project Project1.exe raised exception class $C0000005 with message 'access violation at 0x004082b3: read of address 0xbaadf00d'.

Thanks.

Comments

• edited 3:34AM
    Sorry guys, i close this topic.

I've found what causes the problem, it is function GetFieldNames from my own component.

Thanks anyway.

Melon wrote: »
    Hi,

I designed my own TDataset descendant component, i have planned to use FastReport for data reports. I am trying to play with it to see how it works, i found an error when generating preview. When i investigate it, the error come from event AfterOpen on unit data.db.

So my question, What procedure or function should i provide in my component to make it compatible with FastReport.

Almost forget to mention, i use fastReport 4.6 that comes with Delphi XE2.

Below is the error message,

Debugger Exception Notification
    Project Project1.exe raised exception class $C0000005 with message 'access violation at 0x004082b3: read of address 0xbaadf00d'.

Thanks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.