Fast Report Disigner preview

Hi All
When I run the report through FS-Designer through my machine it doesn't preview the results , but when I run the same report through central repository I guess they using Viewer.exe it does work?
Can someone please advise , Do I have to re-install the FR
The version i'm using is shown below:

FastReport .NET
version 2015.4.2
Windows 7 Enterprise

Thanks for your help
Kind regards,
Farhan

Comments

• edited 9:35PM
    viewer.exe opens prepared report (fpx file), means that report template (frx file) already filled with data from database and ready to preview or print

frx file (report template), if you opened with designer.exe, there are 2 models :
    1. pull data from database to fastreport
    database connection string is defined in frx file, designer can be used to preview the result

2. push data from data from desktop/web application to fastreport
    designer.exe merely a designer, you can design the layout for report, but you can not preview the result because there is no data connection

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.