Editor interface gets lost

edited October 2017 in FastReport VCL 5
Time to time, cause i switched between 3 monitors at work to one at home, I tend to loose my editor box.

So say i have a field on the report i double click to edit.

Nothing comes up. But I AM in the editor. I have to hit escape button, to get out of it, so i can touch the report designer again.

I usually have to do a long drawn out song and dance to "cure" this aliment.

Quickest fix is to find a 2nd monitor.. plug it in... extend my desktop. Bring up the report editor, double click a field box to edit, drag the box over from the 2nd monitor to my dev
machine 1st monitor, unplug the 2nd monitor and all is good for a time.

This has been going on at least since VCL 4 when I first started this, and really unsure what the cure is. There must be persistant settings somewhere
being saved but I can't find them.

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 2:59AM
    Try to remove HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Fast Reports registry entry

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.