Stretch to bottom

Hello everyone!

I'm working on an invoice, and everything was going very smoothly until I wanted to have a box surround the "payments" area.

Now, the payments are in a Data Band (like it normally would be), which is causing some of the issue.

I tried placing a shape in the Data Band, but it naturally draws a rectangle around every line.

I tried creating a child band and having the shape in the parent bands, but that didn't work.

I tried setting borders on the Data Band but that also drew a rectangle around every payment line.

Now, I got somewhat close by setting the Bottom Border ONLY on the Header, and the side borders ONLY on the Data Band, and the Top Border ONLY on the Footer, but ended up with a space between where the payments end and the Footer, which looks silly.

Is there a way to get the Data Band to stretch to the Footer? I do have it set to CanGrow, but understand that only applies when there is data to fill the space.

I've attached a PDF showing what I'm looking at. I feel like I'm really close, and that there has to be a property that does this that I'm just overlooking?

Thanks again for your help.

Comments

• edited 8:48AM
    if you want to do like this, see attached picture, use overlay band and put shape or lines in there
  • edited 8:48AM
    ipong wrote: »
    if you want to do like this, see attached picture, use overlay band and put shape or lines in there

Wow, I had never used Overlay before, but that is really cool.

Thank you very much for your help! I didn't know I could do that!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.