DesignReport crashes on closing (Delphi 2010)

Hello,

one hint at first: it happens only in one installation of about 100 and I can't get the error in my development-system :-(.

Problem:
The customer opens a report (doesn't matter what report) in design-mode (calling frxReport1.DesignReport;). Without any changes just closing the report creates an access violation. After that the application can only be closes in taskmanager. Closing it on normal way shows an endless loop of access-violations.

It happens in all kind of reports: just simple reports with all data in an dataset filled from within Delphi before opening the report, simple reports with an ibxDatabas accessed from within the report just select 3 field from one table an show them in an list. Printing the report and report-preview work without any error, the problem only exists in DesignReport.

Is there any way to get more information about the reason for this crash? Even when I wrap "desingReport" in try - except, the same error occures and the except-part is never executed.

The customers computer runs with Windows 7 Professional/64bit with only 3 GB RAM and 1.2 GB free at runtime. In taskmanager I can't see any change in RAM-usage when the FastReport is started. It seems tha the amount of used RAM used by Fastreport is very small, so I think that the very little physical RAM of the machine is not the problem.

Thanks for all tipps to find the reason for that crash.
Siegbert

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 9:59AM
    wrote:
    It happens in all kind of reports: just simple reports with all data in an dataset filled from within Delphi before opening the report, simple reports with an ibxDatabas accessed from within the report just select 3 field from one table an show them in an list. Printing the report and report-preview work without any error, the problem only exists in DesignReport.
    What result did you get with small report template with one TfrxMemoView with static text?
  • edited 9:59AM
    gpi wrote: »
    What result did you get with small report template with one TfrxMemoView with static text?

The same error as with all other errors occures in this small report too.

regards
    Siegbert
  • gpigpi
    edited 9:59AM
    Try to install IDE on this PC and debug your application
  • edited October 2017
    Try to install IDE on this PC and debug your application

It is a customers PC and I am not allowed to install IDE there.

The Error occures in this code:
      try
        if rbPrint.Checked then frxReport1.Print;
        if rbPreview.Checked then frxReport1.ShowReport;
        showMessage('before DesignReport');
        if rbEdit.Checked then frxReport1.DesignReport;
        showMessage('before DesignReport');
      Except
        on e: Exception do
          ShowMessage('Exception-Anzeige: '+ E.Message);
      end;

The application show the Message "before DesignReport" and the crashes. There was no Exception (Except-Code was not executed) just an "access violation".
    Even if I would have the IDE on the customers PC I don't know what to debug here. I think I don't have any source for DesignReport.

regards
    Siegbert

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.