Digitally signed PDF

Hi.

Is it possible to digitally sign the resulted PDF file?

Thanks! >

Comments

• edited 6:01PM
    Dima R wrote: »
    Hi.

Is it possible to digitally sign the resulted PDF file?

Thanks! >

Hi,
    Not sure if this helps:
    In some of our projects we use FR to produce reports and export them to PDF, and we use this tool from signfiles (https://www.signfiles.com/signature-library/) to sign the file after it is created.
    It is not free, but it works.
    Carlos
  • edited 6:01PM
    You can open the printer options from the start menu and go to the signature tab. Here you can specify a file name for your signature file. Remember to also set your signature password as shown below.

Signature Options

Modifying the Configuration Files

As an alternative to the options dialog mentioned above, you can also set the the values for the signing certificate in one of the configuration files that the PDF Writer use. I will show you how to do this.

With the certificate in place, you just need to modify one of the configuration files that control the printer. If you are controlling the printer using the API then you are most likely writing the runonce.ini. In this example, I will use the global.ini to apply my signature.

Locate your global.ini and edit it in Notepad. You need to set two values. The first one is SignCertificate that tells the PDF Writer, which certificate to use. The second one is SignPassword that holds the password for the certificate.

[PDF Printer]
    SignCertificate=C:\Certificates\test.pfx
    SignPassword=test
    Save the changes and make a print to the PDF Writer.

The Result

In my test I just printed a simple text from Notepad.

Adobe Signature Has Problems

Open the signature panel to see the signature.

Adobe Signature Panel

Visible Signatures

The example above did not have a signature that was visible in the document itself. It only made the Adobe Reader show that the document was signed. You can use a set of additional signature settings to make the signature visible in the PDF document.

300-175 dumps

• As mentioned above, you can use a digital signature as it is right out of the box. You may attach them with other tools instead, like this one: https://edit-pdf.pdffiller.com/ just try not to use "free" software in order to handle such issues
  • edited January 2019
    we are use itextsharp and bouncycastle for pk11 sign

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.