PDF Export Locks Up

A few of my customers, using different products of mine, are experiencing lock-ups on the PDF export from within the Fast Report viewer. I cannot get this to fail on my machines, but I have seen it firsthand on theirs.

What happens is that they will click the PDF export button, click OK on the first "Export to PDF" window, type in the file name in the Save As window, and then it locks up. It does try to show the export screen with the "cancel" button on it, but the screen is just an outline and you cannot read the button; it is just all grayed out. In some cases the PDF does indeed get created.

The only way to get out of this is to close the screen via right-click on the Window.

Since in the past this worked fine for them, I am guessing that a Windows update may be the cause of the problem, but I am not sure. It most definitely is a machine-specific error, as it will work fine on one PC, and not on another.

I updated to FR 5.6, recompiled, and upgraded one of my customers machines....but it still fails.

Anyone else see this one?

Comments

• PolomintPolomint Australia
    edited 3:59PM
    I'm not sure if this is the same problem, but we've noticed that sometimes our apps lock-up when a PDF file is created from FR5VCL Preview, because the "automatic" display of the PDF in Adobe Acrobat fails.

Your description of the symptoms match our experience.

We've been exploring different versions of Acrobat Reader DC to see if we can identify the root cause. So far no luck.
  • gpigpi
    edited 3:59PM
    Try to run compiled FRDemo on the customer PC - what result did you get?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.