Problems getting Vertical Bands working

edited 4:00PM in FastReport VCL 5
I'm trying to use a vertical band as part of a larger report, and unfortunately can't get it working at all.

The attached test project (.fr3 file also attached separately) show how I'm trying it, and what's (not) happening. The project has a very simple user dataset which generates integers from 1 to 5.

If a normal, horizontal, band is connected to this dataset, the dataset's output added to a memo field and the report previewed it contains 5 rows as expected.

Delete that and add a vertical band to display the integers, though, and nothing is displayed at all. Run the Delphi project in debug and put breakpoints on the dataset's event handlers, and it seems these aren't being called at all.

I suspect I'm missing something fundamental, but have no idea what; the FR documentation doesn't seem to cover vertical bands at all, and I can't find any demo projects/reports showing how it should be used.

Any thoughts/advice would be very gratefully received!

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 4:00PM
    You can't to use vertical bands without horizontal bands. See a sample in the attach
  • edited 4:00PM
    gpi wrote: »
    You can't to use vertical bands without horizontal bands. See a sample in the attach
    Thanks gpi - much appreciated.

I have to admit, the need to do things that way wasn't immediately obvious to me - I suspect something clearer in the documentation would save a fair amount of head-scratching and future question posting.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.