Export to PDF gives access violation in GDI32.dll on Windows 10 with FR VCL version 4.10.5

edited 6:42PM in FastReport 4.0
FastReport VCL version 4.10.5

I am using FR (version 4.10.5) in my project. From the print preview screen I select to export to PDF. It brings up the Export to PDF dialogue. When I click OK on this dialogue the following access violation comes up: "Access violation at address 77A71728 in module 'GDI32.dll'. Write of address 312D316C".
(it is always in module GDI32.dll although the specific address varies).

This only happens on more recent version of Windows 10 - the first time I became of the issue was start of October 2016. This issue only happens on Windows 10 (so far it has not previous version of Windows). I am using Windows 10 x64 Enterprise version 1607 Build 14393, but I know the issue is not limited to this specific Windows version.

In Windows 10 I can however print a PDF from the print preview screen using the inbuilt Windows PDF printer (called Microsoft Print to PDF) accessed via the Print button.

Thank you,
Julie

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 6:42PM
    FR 4.10.5 is very old version. Try to use latest FR 4.15.13
  • edited 6:42PM
    Could you please give a bit more detail. Has something changed in regards to the PDF export in the latest FR 4.15.13?
    Do you know that the PDF export will work on a recent Windows 10?

• gpigpi
    wrote:
    Do you know that the PDF export will work on a recent Windows 10?
    Latest FR 4.15.13 (3 years old) export to PDF without errors on the Windows 10
    gpi wrote: »
    Latest FR 4.15.13 (3 years old) export to PDF without errors on the Windows 10

Thank you for your replies.

It is my experience that the PDF export works on earlier versions of Windows 10 with my current FR version. However not since Windows 10 version 1607 Build 14393.
    Therefore I would like to know if you have you tested that the PDF export in FR 4.15.13 works on a Windows 10 version 1607 Build 14393 or later?
  • gpigpi
    FR 4.15.13 works OK on Windows 10 Build 15063 (previous Windows 10 build works OK too)
    Thank you for your help.

Julie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.