Question on outlines

Got a couple of questions re. report outlines.

1. Is it possible to have outlines that are global? I split my report over a few pages to make it easier to modify, but the outlines are per-page. So if the first page of my report has 2 levels of outlines, when I add an outline on an object in page 2, it is added under the root level again. Is there an option to have it continue where the outlines left off on the first page?

2. Is it possible to retrieve the current outline level? Sometimes, I need to know if I need to LevelUp or not, depending on the current outline level. Is there a method or property that can tell me the current outline level?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 8:32PM
    wrote:
    I split my report over a few pages to make it easier to modify
    Set TfrxReportPAge.LargeDesignHeight to True and use one TfrxReportPage
    2. There is no such method or property
  • edited 8:32PM
    gpi wrote: »
    gpi wrote: »
    I split my report over a few pages to make it easier to modify
    Set TfrxReportPAge.LargeDesignHeight to True and use one TfrxReportPage
    2. There is no such method or property

I am aware that I can place everything on one page, but it isn't feasible, not to mention difficult for my non-technical users to customize. I have a cover page, followed by a page for the table of contents, then 3 other pages that group things logically for my report. To give you an idea of how complex the pages already are, I hit the limit for the page height in the designer before it was increased in a recent version (can't recall which version it was).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.