Drill down very slow/recalculating?

Hi,

I have a report that puts the group summary on the group header. I have added the Drill Down to the group header and I have the invisible bands being calculated correctly. The two pass report works well and displays the group headers with the summary total, but when I drill down it appears to recalculate the report and takes several seconds to display the drilled down data. This slow time is on a small test report only.

The script code for the report is below. I also tried the using a script with a stringlist to see if performance would improve, but it does not. I suspect that the report is doing a double pas again or maybe...?
procedure GroupFooter1OnBeforePrint(Sender: TfrxComponent);
begin
  Set(<Operations."ResourceName">, FloatToStr(<SUM(<Op: Queue Time>, MasterData1, 1)>));
end;

procedure GroupHeader1OnBeforePrint(Sender: TfrxComponent);
begin
  if Engine.FinalPass then
   txtGroupQueue.Text := 'Total queue days: ' + FloatToStr(Get(<Operations."ResourceName">));
end;

begin

end.

Is there something I am doing wrong that would make it run so slowly? Any ideas on how to improve performance? As it currently stands, it is too slow for our customers to use. Would using a sub report be a better method where a drill down would display the sub report?

Thanks for your help,

Dave

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 9:43AM
    Drill down rebuilds report completely, so it may take some time
  • edited 9:43AM
    Thanks.

I will remove the drill down feature.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.