PDF export "still" converts vector graphics, barcodes and stuff to JPEG

I use a TMetaFile in my report and when I use the "Microsoft Print to PDF" printer the PDF will be generated correctly with vector graphics inside the report. But when I use the native PDF export inside the FastReport Engine it will be still converted to images only. This problem is not new, see here also Fast Report 4 - Topic

As you can see this was a problem in FastReport 4 already. When can we expect a better native PDF export inside FastReport? It's really confusing and support really bad quality even with 100% JPEG settings. I try to understand why RTF needs to be converted to images but why don't use TMetaFile (vector based) etc. as vector during export?

We really need a feature request with high priority here. Any developers here who can give us more details about the currrent roadmap and the future of the VCL edition of FastReports?

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 2:47AM
    Will be added in the FR6 VCL. See a samples in the attach
    Date of release of FR 6 VCL is unknown. During this year (may be)
    At this moment try to use PDF printer or SynPDF (see FR's Demos\SynPDF folder)
  • LurkingKiwiLurkingKiwi Wellington, New Zealand
    edited 2:47AM
    Interesting to see that in 22.pdf, the thin bars have round ends and the fat bars have square ends!
    Also, the clipping box for the numeric text partially clips the left-most bar, leaving an odd little tab.
    The EAN 8 one gives a partial bar as well, which is bad if it's supposed to be a full bar.
    I'm using PDF-XChange for this.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.