Setting HelpContext or trap F1 key?

Hello,

When the users press F1 or selects "Help | Help Contents" while in the Fast Reports designer, I want to display our help topic. How do you assign the HelpContext in Fast reports so it pulls up our customized help? And how would I set it when the user is in the Preview window? (I can't find any reference to how to do this in the manuals or on line.)

Thank you!

Dave

Comments

• edited 1:15PM

Thanks, but that is not really what I am after. Many of our customer sites use web based help so we want to call our central web help file. Is there anyway to trap the F1 key press or other method to call our customized help?

Dave
  • gpigpi
    edited 1:15PM
    You should modify FR's sources
    See frxEditMemo.pas
    procedure TfrxMemoEditorForm.FormKeyDown(Sender: TObject; var Key: Word;
      Shift: TShiftState);
    begin
      if Key = VK_F1 then
        frxResources.Help(Self);
    end;

frxRes.pas
    procedure TfrxResources.Help(Sender: TObject);
    {$IFNDEF FPC}
    var
      i: Integer;
      topic: String;
    {$ENDIF}
    begin
      {$IFDEF FPC}
      {$note TfrxResources.Help not implemented.}
      {$ELSE}
      topic := '';
      if Sender <> nil then
        for i := 0 to helpTopicsCount - 1 do
          if CompareText(helpTopics[i].Sender, Sender.ClassName) = 0 then
            topic := '::/' + helpTopics[i].Topic;
    {$IFNDEF FR_COM}
      frxDisplayHHTopic(Application.Handle, ExtractFilePath(Application.ExeName) + FHelpFile + topic);
    {$ELSE}
      frxDisplayHHTopic(Application.Handle, FHelpFile + topic);
    {$ENDIF}
    {$ENDIF}
    end;

for example
  • edited 1:15PM
    Thanks!

(I missed this post earlier and just saw it now.)

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.