Printing Report from .csv file

Hi,

I would like to create a report where the Master Data is in the database but all the detail data are in a series of .txt files and .csv files.
I do not want to load all this data into the DB just to print the report.
How can I do this?

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 1:45PM
    Yes you can use an frxuserdataset component
    you will need to write external code to control movement in the dataset
    see the various demos in the demo folder
  • edited March 2017
    gordk wrote: »
    Yes you can use an frxuserdataset component
    you will need to write external code to control movement in the dataset
    see the various demos in the demo folder

Thanks, that worked.
    Is it possible to put the frxUserDataset onto the Data page of the report instead of the Delphi form?
    I would like to keep all the datasets inside of the report otherwise I would have hundreds of frxUserdatasets on the form that I use for generating reports.
  • gpigpi
    edited 1:45PM
    wrote:
    Is it possible to put the frxUserDataset onto the Data page of the report instead of the Delphi form?
    No, you can use TfrxUSerDataset in the Delphi only
    If you want to use internal dataset - use TfrxADODatabase (with ODBC Microsoft Access Text driver) and TfrxADOTable/TfrxADOQuery

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.