Conditional Highlight When Dataset Record changes

I have a report that provides Employee Names and one or more lines of information in a group footer. I would like to conditionally format the lines in a manner similar to the "every other line" examples; however, I want to make the condition based on the change in the employee name like that shown in the attachment.

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 3:01PM
    create a variable at start of code page myvarname
    set value to 1 when report starts(bottom of code page empty begin end block)
    add an empty memo in footer behind all others set stretch smmxheight
    in its conditional highlight expession myvarname mod 2 = 0
    in oap event of footer inc(myvarname);
  • edited 3:01PM
    Thanks - That highlights every other line, which i understood. I need to color a block of lines based on when the name of the person changes, as I have shown in the earlier attachment. I have the suppressed repeats in the report, so every line has an associated person's name.

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    you stated
    "I have a report that provides Employee Names and one or more lines of information in a group footer. "
    are you now saying the lines are not?
  • gpigpi
    See a demo report for FRDemo in the attach
  • edited 3:01PM
    Perfect.....thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.