Dynamic MasterBand Creation?

edited January 2017 in FastReport VCL 5
Is there anyway in the FR3 file to create multiple masterbands?

Using the PascalScript engine side of things.

I can have a string of delimited data.... GUIDS in this case.

So for example 5 of them.

I want to create 5 master bands. Each band represents a stored procedure call / Query ... "Call MyProc(GUIDString)"

I can have 5... 1 ... 45... whatever the number is.

I have zero access of the the database design. I get what I get.

I looked in the examples, and tried to scour the online help documents and search but didn't find anything on this.

I was hoping I could design a materdata band, then do some trickery to reuse it over and over X times, each time reusing the same ADO Query Object which
just has the SQL text changed to do get the needed data for each time its ran.

Using Berlin update 2 and latest Fast reports as of today.

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 3:16AM
    wrote:

I want to create 5 master bands. Each band represents a stored procedure call / Query ... "Call MyProc(GUIDString)"
    You may set TfrxMasterData.RowCount to 5
  • edited January 2017
    gpi wrote: »
    gpi wrote: »

You may set TfrxMasterData.RowCount to 5

Doesn't this just limit the number of rows of data that the ADO object returns? so if the call returns 10 rows of data, limits it to 5?

Ill give it a try but not sure how to really do it?

I have my list GUIDS... 0-4 (5 of them)

So i need re-run the query 5 times to get an unknown amount of data back each time they are ran.. so i need to reference that GUID in the list to
    build the query to run each time. And remembering, the query.. is actually a CALL query to a stored procedure.
  • gpigpi
    edited 3:16AM
    You may use TfrxDetailData band for query results output
  • gpigpi
    edited January 2017
    -

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.