Too many child bands for one page

FAST Reports 5.5.11, Delphi XE5, I have a pretty straight forward report with a Master band, no detail bands. Off of the master band I require about 15 child bands of varying size.

I can't add them all on one page in the designer as there is not enough space. If I add a second page I can't link the last child band on page one to the next child band on page two as it does not show any of the child bands on page 2.

Thanks, Wayne

Comments

• edited 7:40PM
    wloeppky wrote: »
    FAST Reports 5.5.11, Delphi XE5, I have a pretty straight forward report with a Master band, no detail bands. Off of the master band I require about 15 child bands of varying size.

I can't add them all on one page in the designer as there is not enough space. If I add a second page I can't link the last child band on page one to the next child band on page two as it does not show any of the child bands on page 2.

Thanks, Wayne

hi, you can get the enougn space even if you edit the page size in the page properties?, I mean you could set a high value at the property Height

Regards
    dagarik wrote: »
    dagarik wrote: »

Thanks, Wayne

hi, you can get the enougn space even if you edit the page size in the page properties?, I mean you could set a high value at the property Height

Regards

I think that will change the actual output of the report to a different size from the standard. I still want the same page size. The main issue is my dataset has roughly 400 fields which I want to print in about 20 bands.

Some bands will not show if none of the fields have any values in them. I can define the first four or five bands but then I run out of space. If I add a page the report prints all of page 1 then all of page 2.

I started looking at sub reports but that does not look like a solution either.
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 7:40PM
    In the designer window select the page scroll down in the object inspector and set large design height to true
    gordk wrote: »
    In the designer window select the page scroll down in the object inspector and set large design height to true

Thank you, exactly what I was looking for. In version 5 it is endless height.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.