Cannit use same dataset Report and Band

Using version 5.5.11, Delphi Berlin, Windows 10 64 bit.

I created a new report, add Page header band, Master data band, Group header band. Added a few things to the report. When I try to run the report I get an error "cannot use the same dataset for the Report.Dataset and Band.Dataset".

I double checked all the suggestions I have seen in the news groups but just cannot get around the issue. The dataset in the TfrxReport component is blank, only placed the dataset is assigned is the Master data band.

Any thoughts on why that error?

Thanks, Wayne

Comments

• edited December 2016
    report_dataset.jpg

Check, if the field is empty.
  • edited 1:55AM
    I had checked that, it is marked "not assigned".
  • edited 1:55AM
    Resolved the issue

I was inadvertently loading a report format by mistake that had the dataset assigned to the report as noted in the above first reply. Once I removed loading that format everything worked properly.

Thanks for the answer.

Wayne

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.