Double clicking frxReport slow to load

edited December 2016 in FastReport VCL 5
Using FAST Report 5.5.11 and Delphi Berlin on Windows 10 64 bit.

When I double click the TfrxReport component in the Delphi IDE to work on a report design, the designer is extremely slow to come up. It took over 10 minutes to come up, but does come up. The TfrxDBDataset for the report does have a large number of columns, over 400

Is the number of fields what is slowing it down? There are only 2 bands on the report layout so far, header and master. I have only put a few fields on the master band. Just starting to work on it.

Thanks, Wayne

Comments

• edited 2:07AM
    Further to this issue. Reports that I developed using FAST Reports version 4 with no problem, when trying to open the same report in FAST Reports 5 it is extremely slow opening the designer. For example opening the layout in FAST Reports 4 took about 15 seconds and in FAST Reports 5 about 4 minutes.

These reports have somewhere around 70 data fields in the dataset.

Wayne

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.